New FJ&G Photo

    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 12, 2010

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 13, 2010

        What year did they remove the two tracks from the NYC Mainline?  That photo says 1965, but it looks like the tracks have been gone for years!

        Gino

      • Glenn J. Williams
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 13, 2010
          --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Gino's Railpage" <fjgrailroad@...> wrote:

          > What year did they remove the two tracks from the NYC Mainline? That photo
          > says 1965, but it looks like the tracks have been gone for years!
          >
          > Gino
          >
          > On Sep 12, 2010 8:30 PM, "Aaron Keller" <akeller_1979@...> wrote:
          >

          > http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=337598

          Gino,

          It wasn't long before this picture was taken, 1963 by my estimation, although I could be off a year or three on that. CTC installation was the reason.

          The only missing track is track 3. Track 4 is between the train and the two tracks to the right of the picture.

          Glenn
        • Jerry Snyder
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 13, 2010
            Gino,
            According to my notes the NYC went from 4 to 2 tracks in 1957.
            Jerry

            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 13, 2010
              Gino, Jerry and all,

              I am not able to give an exact quickly because of a gap in my timetables.  However, in October 1960 ETT no. 8 indicates there are still four main tracks, designated from the south 2-1-3-4.  Photos indicate the track came out in the late summer and fall of 1963.

              PKL

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              From: handyman756@...
              Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 17:32:58 -0700