RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Ex PC Boxcars

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 21, 2010
      Although it has nothing to do with the FJ&G, I saw something today that I wanted to share. Wal Mart trucks that work out of the Johnstown DC have a stencil of New York State in yellow with a line to he outside of the stencil and the word "Johnstown" on the side.

      As close as I could come to modern FJ&G news..............

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: jsesonske@...
      Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 17:09:49 +0000
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: FJ&G Ex PC Boxcars

      In general service off the FJG, they could have hauled anything.

      I can't recall them bringing any loads inbound to the FJG.

      On the FJG, the primary outbound loads were toy or pool products out of Coleco Industries on Patch Rd and sawdust out of a plant in Broadalbin. There was not that much outbound business on the FJG in this era.

      A number (not sure how many)of the cars were painted in blue with Delaware Otsego System lettering in yellow and FJG reporting marks. These cars were stenciled as assigned to MILW (Milwaukee Road) Emery, SD so these were assigned to grain service but not on FJG.