RE: [FJGRailroad] Sacandaa Park

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 21, 2010
      Hello Smitty,

      Yes the Park was owned by the railroad.  The concessions and entertainments were as a rule leased to others to operate.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com; FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: smithvolkert@...
      Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 19:17:07 -0700
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Sacandaa Park

      Greetings everyone: I was asked about Art and Willard Smith. I never heard of them.
      I remember riding the rain to Sacandaga Park for a church picnic. It was fun. I was about 10 aat that time. I think that the F J & G owned that park. Does anyone know for sure. They had booths for games, string pull, throw basealls at milk bottles (made of wood) and dolls with fribge around them. They looked about 7 inches wide but the fringe made the dolls about 3 inches wide. There was a dance hall, Sport island where they had baseball games. A swiming area thaaat had chutes with carts or boards that people rode down into the water. There was a roller coaster that had dips about 10 feet deep. It was fun. Smitty