feldspar mine

  • Volkert Smith
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2010
      Greetings everyone: Do any of you remembeer the Feldspar mine between Mayfield and Northville? They had a tramway with dump cars that carried the Feldspar down to the F J & G tracks where it was loaded into gondolas. A bridge like structure was built across the highway, underneath the tram cars to catch any thing that might fall off the tram cars. Smitty
    • akeller_1979
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 6, 2010
        Smitty,

        I forgot to ask you about this. Most of us have heard about the mine but no one has ever seemed to locate photos of it. Do you happen to recall this operation and is there any way you could describe any of it to us? How tall was the tramway, for instance?

        -Aaron