Re: [FJGRailroad] Lincoln Street COLECO

    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 14, 2010
      Hi Eric,

      I use to sell Cabbage Patch Kids back in the 80's when it was still
      legal, ColecoVision too. Funny to here Cabbage Patch Kids were made up
      here, there was always a shortage, the store I managed had one shipment
      of a mere 60 one Saturday morning, called the first 60 names on a list
      of 160 people waiting for them and they were gone in less then two
      hours. Have to say at $40 a pop, they made my week or so!

      ColecoVision was the greatest video game console by far, the one
      downfall was rushing Adam (the home computer component) to the market
      before it was completely debugged.

      Paul :-)

      On 14/06/2010 12:22 PM, Erik Denny wrote:

      > Cabbage Patch..... The local (where I grew up) ARC supposedly packaged
      > the dolls that were made in Canada. Didn't know work was done here...
      >
      > ...erik
    • Mark Wilber
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 14, 2010
        I dont think Coleco on Lincoln St. got cars there while they had the Colecovision contract.I started in 1978 on the FJG,I never spotted a car on Lincoln St.Colecovision parts were shipped by rail to Patch Rd.,but the final product was shipped out by truck. Mark

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 14, 2010
          LIke I said, I think I saw a car there. Must have just been the COLECO trailers. It was COLECOVISIONS I saw the ladies putting together.
          I remember when you could go to the Lincoln Street plant and get in a lottery to buy discounted COLECOVISIONS.

          I remember seeing several boxcars filled with COLECOVISION plastic shells behind the plant on Patch Road. That's what was burning
          in the boxcar in 1983...

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 14, 2010
            The ADAM was ahead of its time. It was only a short time later that personal computers were making their way into homes.
            The Commodor 64 was very close as to what COLECO was trying to do.

            I use to sell Cabbage Patch Kids back in the 80's when it was still
            legal, ColecoVision too. Funny to here Cabbage Patch Kids were made up
            here, there was always a shortage, the store I managed had one shipment
            of a mere 60 one Saturday morning, called the first 60 names on a list
            of 160 people waiting for them and they were gone in less then two
            hours. Have to say at $40 a pop, they made my week or so!

            ColecoVision was the greatest video game console by far, the one
            downfall was rushing Adam (the home computer component) to the market
            before it was completely debugged.

            Paul :-)

            On 14/06/2010 12:22 PM, Erik Denny wrote:

            > Cabbage Patch..... The local (where I grew up) ARC supposedly packaged
            > the dolls that were made in Canada. Didn't know work was done here...
            >
            > ...erik
          • Mark Wilber

[...]

              <*> Your email settings:
                  Individual Email | Traditional

              <*> To change settings online go to:
                  (Yahoo! ID required)

              <*> To change settings via email:
                  FJGRailroad-digest@yahoogroups.com
                  FJGRailroad-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                  http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 15, 2010

                Those Lexington Fairs were great.  Right down the street from me.  I loved those tabletop games.

                I had the PacMan and would go through batteries left and right.  Don't even get mestarted with Mr. Quarterback.  That was the handheld football game that was little red dots going down the field.  What kid today would be entertained by flashing LEDs with beeps for sound effects?

                Gino