Caboose No. 1

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010
      Does anybody know exactly when Caboose No. 1 was rebuilt with steel sides?

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
        Aaron the earliest dated photo I have found of No. 1 with the steel sheathing is Sept 6, 1936.  No. 1 was extensively rebuilt by FJ&G between January and April of 1936.  A photo of No. 2 taken the same day as the mentioned photo of No. 1, shows it without its steel sheathing, which I believe was applied at its second rebuilding by the FJ&G, January 1950.

        What we need is someone to provide dated photos of No. 2 from the late forties to confirm.

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: akeller_1979@...
        Date: Tue, 1 Jun 2010 21:51:31 -0700
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Caboose No. 1

        Does anybody know exactly when Caboose No. 1 was rebuilt with steel sides?

      • akeller_1979
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
          I just uploaded a small selection of photos of Caboose No. 1 buried in the woods at what used to be Rail City.

          Walt Danylak took the photos at "some point." I have no clue when.

          I believe the caboose was destroyed; is that correct?

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2011
            Here is a link to a better photo of caboose No. 1 at Rail City.  http://www.railcitymuseum.com/RAI_CITY_v_04_02_2011/Fonda,_Johnstown_and_Gloversvil.html

            PKL

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com