CSX

  • DICARLO, GINO
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2000
      Recently I've seen some non-CSX locos on the old Conrail line. I saw a
      group of UP locos near Rotterdam and I've seen several NS locos near
      Amsterdam. Are they part of CSX also?

      Gino
    • Stephen G. Myers
      Message 2 of 5 , May 8 9:38 PM
        If you want to see some depressing photos, check out George Elwoods
        Fallen Flag site under 2 May or CSX to see the Stanley Yard in Toledo,
        Ohio that CSX has decided to close up.

        Steve

        .
      • mwilber@webtv.net
        Message 3 of 5 , May 9 5:51 AM
          Gino- Looks like you wont see much CP traffic any more up your way,soon
          you'll see all NS in Saratoga.Mark
          Message 4 of 5 , May 10 8:25 AM
            I heard this, is it true?  I keep seeing that NS Stack Train coming through the
            Magic Triangle in the afternoon.  I guess that's what I have to look forward to.
            I've been asked to leave CPR property recently, I hear that NS REALLY doesn't
            like trespassers (a.ka. Railfans)!

            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 27, 2005
              CSX improvement reflects higher rates
              Rate increases helped propel CSX to improved earnings in last year's
              final quarter. Net earnings from continuing operations were $159 million,
              up 42% from the 2003 quarter. Surface transportation (rail and
              intermodal) operating income was $315 million, up 32%. The operating
              ratio was 85.0%, an improvement of 1.8 points. An 8.4% increase in
              revenue was produced by a 0.5% increase in volume and a 7.9% increase in
              revenue per carload.

              CSX Chairman, President, and CEO Michael J. Ward commented: "In the
              fourth quarter, the rail network showed signs of improving fluidity as
              the company worked to fine-tune the new operating plan that was put in
              place in the third quarter. The leadership of CSX remains optimistic
              about the operating plan and the opportunity it holds for the company
              going forward."