Re: [FJGRailroad] Heritage Day

  • Gordon Davis
    Message 1 of 23 , May 19, 2010
      We can't win them all.
      Are we planning another frolic in the fall?  Perhaps the electric division?  A visit to the relic from the Amsterdam city lines?
      Gordon
      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York
      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@ qg.com
      www.QG.com

      Message 2 of 23 , May 19, 2010
        Sounds good to me!

        --
        http://fjgrr.org
        http://ginosrailpage.com
        Message 3 of 23 , May 19, 2010
          I would be very interested in participating......

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 23 , May 19, 2010
            As there seems to be interest let's do a poll as to a date and then go on from there.  Among Bob Bedford's photos there are shots of every division building from G'ville to Schen.  Who knows the location of them?
            Gordon
            I would be very interested in participating. .....

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

            Message 5 of 23 , May 19, 2010
              Gordon, those are the government's valuation photos.  Crossings, abutments and several places where one can get on the right of way exist and with a good set of photos one can have an interesting time matching the present with the past, identifying buildings seen in the old photos is a challenge after 70 years.  It may be possible to get into the Glenville substation too (on private property).  As a group we have not yet gone east of Amsterdam.

              Can some one (or two) from the area organize the event this year?

              Also the Fulton County Museum volunteers have spent a tremendous amount of time and effort creating a new FJ&G display opening this year.  Dedication date not yet established, so far as I have heard.

              Railfest is Saturday August 8; let's keep a week or two away from that date please as a couple of us will be occupied that day.

              I'll be there.

              PKL

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              From: gdavis4@...
              Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                From: gdavis4@...
                Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                Message 7 of 23 , May 19, 2010
                  I would prefer October...

                  To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                  From: gdavis4@...
                  Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                  To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                  Message 8 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                    Let's aim for Saturday, October 9th.  I'm willing to help in organizing, however a Fulton County volunteer would be helpful.  Perhaps we could coordinate our meet with the museum FJ&G exhibit opening.
                    Rather than a formal program, perhaps a 'show & tell' of related materials followed by a tour of the former electric division.  Din-din, of course.
                    Gordon

                    From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                    Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                    To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                    Message 9 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                      Sounds like a plan.  Thank you for stepping up.  Gordon email me off list or call if you want contact names and anyting else that might be useful.

                      PKL

                      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                      From: gdavis4@...
                      Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:22:04 -0400

                      From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                      Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                      Message 10 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                        Thanks for the list offer.  I'll wait a few days to see who steps forward.
                        Perhaps we can expand our number of participants for there are NRHS Chapters in the Albany and Mohawk Valley areas that I can get to spread the word.
                        Regards,
                        Gordon
                        PS, is there another tome in the near future?

                        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                        Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:22:04 -0400

                        From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                        Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                        Message 11 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                          Gordon, all I can add to your P.S. is that "near" is relative.  I am currently working on it, material open and spread out over the six feet of work space in front of me and some on the floor behind me.

                          PKL

                          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                          From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                          Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:22:04 -0400

                          From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                          Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                          Message 12 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                            A similar condition surrounds me, however it is a mish-mash of material.  I've been working on my next Japanese book, however don't have the proofs yet for captions and narative.
                            You may send me your list anytime.  Hopefully I'll not get all of theYahoos answering my initial request.
                            Regards,
                            Gordon

                            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                            From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                            Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:22:04 -0400

                            From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                            Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                            Message 13 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                              I do not live in the area but I visit frequently so maybe I can be of assistance

                              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                              From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                              Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:22:04 -0400

                              From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                              Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                              Message 14 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                                Thanks, I'll add you to my list of helpers.
                                Gordon
                                I do not live in the area but I visit frequently so maybe I can be of assistance

                                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                                From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                                Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:22:04 -0400

                                From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
                                Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                                Message 15 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                                  I'd love to help, but right now I'm working 60+ hours a week, and then I will be off to school in August.

                                  For those who do not know, I've been accepted to a professional doctorate program.  Orientation starts in mid-August so I'll be out of Gloversville by early August at the latest.  I regretfully will not be able to attend anything after the first week in August.

                                  Message 16 of 23 , May 20, 2010

                                    I'll do what I can!

                                    To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                                    To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: gdavis4@...
                                    Date: Thu, 20 May 2010 09:22:04 -0400

                                    From: gdavis4@...
                                    Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 18:35:03 -0400

                                    To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                                    Message 17 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                                      Congratulations.  What is your field of study?

                                      Best wishes.

                                      Dick

                                      On May 20, 2010, at 4:39 PM, Aaron Keller wrote:

                                      I'd love to help, but right now I'm working 60+ hours a week, and then I will be off to school in August.

                                      For those who do not know, I've been accepted to a professional doctorate program.  Orientation starts in mid-August so I'll be out of Gloversville by early August at the latest.  I regretfully will not be able to attend anything after the first week in August.

                                      -Aaron

                                    • Jerry Snyder
                                      Message 18 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                                        October sounds like a good plan.  I'm game to help with anything around the Amsterdam area.
                                        Jerry

                                        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                                        Message 19 of 23 , May 20, 2010

                                          I think he's gonna be an OBGYN!

                                          Message 20 of 23 , May 20, 2010
                                            Law school.

                                            -Aaron

                                          • Skip Barber
                                            Message 21 of 23 , May 21, 2010
                                              Congratulations, Aaron.  I know you will do well.

                                              I will be in the area on October 1,2,and 3, but must leave on the 3rd to go back to Virginia, so I guess I will miss it this year.

                                              Skip Barber

                                              Message 22 of 23 , May 30, 2010

                                                Jerry Snyder, this one's for you.
                                                Please contact me at my personal address gdavis4@...  for I accept your offer to assist.