Re: [FJGRailroad] Alco Switcher - FJ&G Paint?

  • Dean Splittgerber
    Message 1 of 14 , May 3, 2010
      Quote......"However, one of these days I hope to see my dream fulfilled of chasing a switcher painted in cream, orange, and black."

      My Answer.....Buy somebody the paint and it could happen. Imron is only going for $250 a Gallon right now!....Your single and have money to burn!

      Dean

      Dean J. Splittgerber
      Duanesburg, NY

      From: riverlinejoe@ hotmail.com
      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 14:28:24 +0000

      I can tell you that the paint job on the engine is likely to stay a while. The engine, from what I have been told, is in out of the box condition.

      The RS-1 is in a NYC inspired livery with the lightening stripe. The 407 will not get repainted anytime soon and I would bet, with the plans to get the railroad operating from end to end, if it ever gets repainted it will match the 401.

      Plans are afoot to get 2361 into a matching livery and restore that unit to operating condition. I understand those two can be MUed.

      For you armchair railfans (I do not mean to insult anyone in particular, just everyone in general who has not picked up a spike maul or paintbrush) the task of painting is daunting.

      I have something on the order of 30 man days involved in the return to operation of our CV 40 foot flatcar. Scraping, cleaning, needlescaling, priming and painting are not for the faint of heart. Working in the outdoors under the beating sun can really wear you out. We are two or three days from completing the re-decking of the car and placing that car back in service.

      An FJ&G inspired scheme would be nice but it probably will not go on the 407.

      To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: pklarner@hotmail. com
      Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 00:46:16 -0400

      The issue with the CMRR is that its a former NYC line.  For historical integrity an NYC paint scheme would be the only proper paint scheme.  For CMRR they may want to choos a new scheme fit for their visioning, but why would they want to copy the FJ&G traction colors on an S1?

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:46:39 -0700

      The issue with the NYC scheme is that it's black... a photographer' s nightmare.

      The CMRR didn't paint its RS-1 in NYC colors but I don't know the reason why.

      Message 2 of 14 , May 3, 2010

        When the CACV acquired the S-4 and S-7 from Canada, even before they arrived on the property I talked to Bruce from the LRHS and asked the same thing Aaron.  His answer was, buy the paint and paint it FJ&G.

        I didn't think anyone else would have been interested in chipping in.

        I thought the CMRR had their own paint scheme.  I figured they'd paint it up like the RS1 they have in Kingston...

        Gino

        To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com

        From: pklarner@hotmail. com
        Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 00:46:16 -0400

        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
        From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
        Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:46:39 -0700

        The issue with the NYC scheme is that it's black... a photographer' s nightmare.

        The CMRR didn't paint its RS-1 in NYC colors but I don't know the reason why.

      • Gordon Davis
        Message 3 of 14 , May 3, 2010

          I know this will not earn me any points, however here is my opinion.
          Why should 'they' paint it to satisfy us?  Want to have an FJ&G switcher, buy one and paint it ourselves.
          Gordon

          Message 4 of 14 , May 3, 2010
            I think that's what most people think Gordon!

            http://fjgrr.org
            http://ginosrailpage.com
            http://ginostrolleypage.com
            http://ginosmusicservice.com
            Message 5 of 14 , May 4, 2010
              I would participate in that if you thought there was a reasonable chance of pulling it off.......

              By the way, I have the paint diagrams fore the #20.

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

              To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com

              From: pklarner@hotmail. com
              Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 00:46:16 -0400

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
              From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
              Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:46:39 -0700

              Message 6 of 14 , May 4, 2010
                That was years ago Joe!

                Sent from my iPhone

                ________________________________
                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com

                From: pklarner@hotmail. com
                Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 00:46:16 -0400

                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com<http://yahoo.com/>
                Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 20:46:39 -0700

                The New Busy think 9 to 5 is a cute idea. Combine multiple calendars with Hotmail. Get busy.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multicalendar&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_5>

                The New Busy is not the too busy. Combine all your e-mail accounts with Hotmail. Get busy.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?tile=multiaccount&ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_4>

                The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get started.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3>

                Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn more.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_1>