Off Topic but too interesting not to share

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2010
      Anyone ever hear of an 0-4-4-0T buried underneath the intersection on US 301 and NC 186. There is a 1994 newspaper story about it and the Preserved Locomotive list for North Carolina lists the engine as "Buried".

    • Erik Denny
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 30, 2010
        That kind of follows along the lines of there supposedly being one inside
        SUNY HQ, the former D&H HQ in Albany. I keep forgetting to ask the
        engineer that worked on the gut of it's truth.

        April 1 or May 1?

        ...erik