RE: The upstate trolley list

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 7, 2010
      Hi Paul,
      I was actually referring to a Yahoo discussion list Upstate NY Trolley run by this fellow, Gino who is an FJ&G trolley affecianado. The FJ&G group which he also runs focuses on the steam and electric divisions of the FJ&G. I have CC'd this email, to both lists and I am sure Gino will get back to you.

      As an aside, the FJ&G group is an informal group of folks with a few people who have some great organizational skills. Last year we were able to gain access to the old Mountain Lake Electric Railway ROW and visit the site of a horrific trolley crash that took place 100 years ago.

      As for a web site I urge you to go to Gino's Railpage. You're gonna have fun there! I contributed some of the materials. I guess it would be fair to say that in the Mohawk Valley Gino's rail related interests are very similar to mine.

      I nguess you picked me up on the D&H list. These two lists are a little less active but lots of fun.

      Regards

      Riverlinejoe

      Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 20:51:30 -0700
      From: reeladventuresstjohn@...
      Subject: The upstate trolley list
      To: riverlinejoe@...

      Hi Joe...

      Paul here from St John in the Virgin Islands. I used to live in the area, Renssealar, and graduated from Columbia High in East Greenbush.

      Cah you send me the web site for the upstate trolley list you mentioned.... ?  I also lived in Oneida, and Syracuse, and Rochester. all had inter urban and local trolleys. I've actually got some memorabilia from most.

      Thanks.

      Paul