RE: [FJGRailroad] History Gone in Amsterdam

  • Jerry Snyder
    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 28, 2010
      They were up on the last tower (the big one) yesterday moving wires to a new pole - wouldn't be surprised if that one is gone too in a few days.  The remains of the others have been hauled away.
      Jerry

      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:54:50 -0700
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] History Gone in Amsterdam

      A question for the group:

      On Route 5 in Amsterdam, just east of the little brick Amtrak station, there exists a series of tall steel power poles between the road and the present CSX tracks.

      It has been suggested in the past that these may have been part of the FJ&G power lines leading into the city.

      If this is true, then perhaps a few people in the area would care to know that the poles are being replaced.  At least one, possibly more, were taken down today.

      The rest may be gone by the time I drive through for work tomorrow.

      I will attempt to bring my camera and see what I can see tomorrow.

      Were these actually FJ&G?