RE: [FJGRailroad] CABOOSE Part 2

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
      Nice photo.  Shots like that tug on my memory strings.  If only I owned a good camera and had the money for the film and processing in the late 50's and 60's.  Hasn't the cost of a mid price range digital camera today permitted photography to become a much more affordable hobby overall, than it was in the film days?

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: gdavis4@...
      Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:42:57 -0400
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] CABOOSE Part 2

      Here is a shot of the train shown in the caboose shot as it prepared to leave Fonda with the interchange cars from the Amsterdam drill.  Not being of the speedy type there were no shots at the creek crossing.
      Gordon
      PS these photos taken in the late 1960s.
      Scan0036

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
        I am by no means an expert in such matters, but isn't that5 double door boxcar a bit unusual for service on the FJ&G?

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
          Joe,

          Double doored cars were not strangers on the FJ&G at any time from their early auto carrying days through the end when Coleco was receiving them.  They carried reporting marks from GN, NW, CN, SP, CO and of course the NYC.  They are seen on the several team tracks and at the Johnstown and Gloversville freight houses before they closed to LCL so your guess is as good as mine as to what they carried: lumber seems the most likely for the team deliveries.  They are seen at Hil street, 11th Avenue, and Arterial team tracks.

          PKL

          To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: riverlinejoe@...
          Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:28:22 +0000
          Subject: RE: [FJGRailroad] CABOOSE Part 2

          I am by no means an expert in such matters, but isn't that5 double door boxcar a bit unusual for service on the FJ&G?

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
          From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
          Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 14:42:57 -0400

          Here is a shot of the train shown in the caboose shot as it prepared to leave Fonda with the interchange cars from the Amsterdam drill.  Not being of the speedy type there were no shots at the creek crossing.
          Gordon
          PS these photos taken in the late 1960s.
          Scan0036

          Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. Sign up now.
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 25, 2010
            I guess I am showing my youth. I only experienced shipments made to Karg Brothers and to a much lesser extent, Coleco. I do not remember seeing anything but 50 foot 10 foot door cars.

            To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: pklarner@...
            Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 18:39:10 -0400

            To: fjgrailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: riverlinejoe@ hotmail.com
            Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 20:28:22 +0000

            I am by no means an expert in such matters, but isn't that5 double door boxcar a bit unusual for service on the FJ&G?

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com