RE: [FJGRailroad] CABOOSE

    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 25, 2010
      Sammonsville?

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: gdavis4@...
      Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:53:12 -0400
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] CABOOSE

      Thought you'd be interested.
      Gordon
      Scan0076

    • Gordon Davis
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 25, 2010
        Yes, the first crossing above the Cayadutta trestle.
        Gordon
        From: gdavis4@twcny. rr.com
        Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:53:12 -0400

        Thought you'd be interested.
        Gordon
        Scan0076

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 25, 2010
          That would make it the Commons Road, right?  Not Sammonsville.

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 25, 2010
            I concur that is Commons road crossing.   The pole line with the perpendicular cross arm and the brush where the brook runs left to right under the road are the strongest indicators.  The tree line on both sides is a better match than the line at Sammonsville crossing.  Nice and different approach, to little depth however to enlarge the lettering on the buggy.  Appears there is no "AND" so I'll presume this was exposed during late July 1966 or later.

            PKL

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: akeller_1979@...
            Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 09:51:57 -0700

            That would make it the Commons Road, right?  Not Sammonsville.

            Hotmail is redefining busy with tools for the New Busy. Get more from your inbox. Sign up now.
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 25, 2010
              If the tonnage was light and you shot the train at the "high bridge", I suspect you had to hustle to get there and set up ahead of the train.  Probably why images at this crossing from this side are relatively un"common" (pun intended).

              PKL

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              From: gdavis4@...
              Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:43:27 -0400