FJ&G #3 caboose decals in HO

  • nydepot
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 24, 2010
      I'm about 80% finished working on decals for caboose #3 (ex-D&H) in HO scale. This is black lettering with "FONDA JOHNSTOWN GLOVERSVILLE" spelled out along the side. A small 3 appeared above. Brass versions of this caboose are available.

      End of life photo here (but still shows lettering): http://cencalrails.railfan.net/fj&G3srkcoll.jpg

      This was done with photos and tracings of the letters, not a handy computer font substituted for the real thing. Each letter is created by hand in Adobe Illustrator.

      Before I get them printed, I was going to get a quick gauge of interest from anyone else wanting a set or two. No commitment on your part. They are all black and small so I wouldn't think they would cost much per set <$5 S&H included.

      Please post here or email me if you are interested. Again, this is an interest poll, not a commitment from you or me.

      Charles
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 24, 2010
        As information:  when the 3 was put in service on the FJ&G the word "AND" was in its proper place between Johnstown and Gloversville.  The tip of the "A" in Fonda was under the outside lower corner of the one window and the "SV" under the outside corner of the other window.

        It appears the 'AND" was dropped during a repainting between July and August of 1966.

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 24, 2010

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 24, 2010
            Put me down!!!!!

            Sent from my iPhone

            End of life photo here (but still shows lettering): <http://cencalrails.railfan.net/fj&G3srkcoll.jpg> http://cencalrails.railfan.net/<http://railfan.net/>fj&G3srkcoll.jpg

            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 24, 2010
              Did they run out of paint?

              Sent from my iPhone

              ________________________________
              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
              From: yahoo@...<http://ons.com>
              Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:56:21 +0000

              The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get started.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID27925::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:032010_3>
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 24, 2010
                Probably could't find the stencil or it became damaged.

                PKL

                To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                From: Gino.Dicarlo@...
                Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 11:00:28 -0500
                Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G #3 caboose decals in HO

                Did they run out of paint?

                Sent from my iPhone

                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                From: yahoo@existingstati ons.com<http://ons.com>
                Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 12:56:21 +0000

[...]

                Hotmail has tools for the New Busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Learn More.