Re: [FJGRailroad] Kellogg Branch

  • Charles Vosburgh
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
      Aaron;  The old route 5 doesn't belong to the state any more.  The part outside the city belongs to the county and the rest to the city.  I'm not sure where the city line is but will check tomorrow when I'm down there.  Charlie
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
        The state pays for crossing upgrades, regardless of municipality.

        The states largely administer funds provided through the Feds.

        -Aaron

      • Jerry Snyder
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010
          Charlie,
          I checked a couple of maps and the tax rolls and it looks like the city line on Chapman Drive (the old Route 5) is west of the old AC&N - puts the crossingoutside the city line.  Those track sections have been sitting down there for a few weeks now.
          Jerry

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010

            Hi Jerry;  I checked today and your right, it's only a 10th of a mile from the end of the four lane.  Also I found a track section at the end of the switch back to Edson street so that crossing will be changed also.  Charlie