Re: [FJGRailroad] Kellogg Branch

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
      Another guess would be that the state is paying them to upgrade the crossing.

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
        That crossing on Old Route 5 needs to be fixed...

        On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@...> wrote:

        Another guess would be that the state is paying them to upgrade the crossing.

        http://fjgrr.org
        http://ginosrailpage.com
        http://ginostrolleypage.com
        http://ginosmusicservice.com
      • Charles Vosburgh
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
          Aaron;  The old route 5 doesn't belong to the state any more.  The part outside the city belongs to the county and the rest to the city.  I'm not sure where the city line is but will check tomorrow when I'm down there.  Charlie
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
            The state pays for crossing upgrades, regardless of municipality.

            The states largely administer funds provided through the Feds.

            -Aaron

          • Jerry Snyder
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010
              Charlie,
              I checked a couple of maps and the tax rolls and it looks like the city line on Chapman Drive (the old Route 5) is west of the old AC&N - puts the crossingoutside the city line.  Those track sections have been sitting down there for a few weeks now.
              Jerry

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010

                Hi Jerry;  I checked today and your right, it's only a 10th of a mile from the end of the four lane.  Also I found a track section at the end of the switch back to Edson street so that crossing will be changed also.  Charlie