Kellogg Branch

  • Charles Vosburgh
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
      I was on the old Route 5 in the East end of Amsterdam today and where the tracks cross the street,  there was 2 sections of track put together for the crossing.  Looked just like Snap Track from the Atlas company.  My guess is CSX still wants the business on the branch or the city is forcing them to repair the street as it is in poor condition.  Charlie
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
        Another guess would be that the state is paying them to upgrade the crossing.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
          That crossing on Old Route 5 needs to be fixed...

          On Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@...> wrote:

          Another guess would be that the state is paying them to upgrade the crossing.

          http://fjgrr.org
          http://ginosrailpage.com
          http://ginostrolleypage.com
          http://ginosmusicservice.com
        • Charles Vosburgh
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
            Aaron;  The old route 5 doesn't belong to the state any more.  The part outside the city belongs to the county and the rest to the city.  I'm not sure where the city line is but will check tomorrow when I'm down there.  Charlie
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 12, 2010
              The state pays for crossing upgrades, regardless of municipality.

              The states largely administer funds provided through the Feds.

              -Aaron

            • Jerry Snyder
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010
                Charlie,
                I checked a couple of maps and the tax rolls and it looks like the city line on Chapman Drive (the old Route 5) is west of the old AC&N - puts the crossingoutside the city line.  Those track sections have been sitting down there for a few weeks now.
                Jerry

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 13, 2010

                  Hi Jerry;  I checked today and your right, it's only a 10th of a mile from the end of the four lane.  Also I found a track section at the end of the switch back to Edson street so that crossing will be changed also.  Charlie