Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Flanger

  • Charles Vosburgh
    Message 1 of 24 , Mar 9, 2010
      Thanks Gino, Aaron, and Paul for the info,  never know what you might find in the old magazines.  Charlie
      From: crvosburgh@citlink. net
      Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:36:46 -0500
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G Flanger

      Paul;  I was going through some of my old Model Railroader magazines when I found a story about the FJ&G flanger that the railroad had built in 1890 in their own shops.  The car was numbered 10 and was a 30' box car with wood beam trucks.  David L. Waddington drew the plans for this car from official railroad blueprints for the magazine and the story was in the January 1955 issue.  The story had three photos of the car as well.  Was the flanger in Northville the same one with the changes to how it is now?  I don't have a scaner to make copies so I can't pass this story to you.  The story says that the car was still in service at the time the story was published.  Charlie

      Message 2 of 24 , Mar 9, 2010
        I've got to look for that issue now!

        Gino

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: crvosburgh@...
        Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:36:46 -0500

        Paul;  I was going through some of my old Model Railroader magazines when I found a story about the FJ&G flanger that the railroad had built in 1890 in their own shops.  The car was numbered 10 and was a 30' box car with wood beam trucks.  David L. Waddington drew the plans for this car from official railroad blueprints for the magazine and the story was in the January 1955 issue.  The story had three photos of the car as well.  Was the flanger in Northville the same one with the changes to how it is now?  I don't have a scaner to make copies so I can't pass this story to you.  The story says that the car was still in service at the time the story was published.  Charlie

        http://fjgrr.org
        http://ginosrailpage.com
        http://ginostrolleypage.com
        http://ginosmusicservice.com
      • Charles Vosburgh
        Message 3 of 24 , Mar 10, 2010
          Gino;  You also might want to look for the July1966 issue of Trains magazine for a story on the Brill Bullets by William D Middleton.  It includes a short description of the FJ&G cars.  Charlie

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 24 , Mar 10, 2010
            I may have that!

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com