Nagging Questions...

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 5 11:55 AM
      I have a couple extremely minor questions that have been nagging me for a short time:

      (1) In photos of Broadalbin from the late 40s or 50s, there stands at least one, or maybe two, tiny little shacks between the tracks and the river.  The shacks appear immediately across the "main line" from the siding that ends at the depot.  One photo from the Nestle collection shows a tarpaper roof.  Does anybody know what those shacks were built for and used for?  They do not appear in earlier photos or later photos.

      (2) On the electric division, there's an area known as the Mud Cut between Amsterdam and Scotia.  Was this the large cut to the WNW of the substation at Glenville?  How long was the "Mud Cut" and did it refer to a specific part of the cut or the general series of cuts in that vicinity?

      (3) (Not FJ&G).  The 1900 Schoharie quad shows a line branching off the M&S at Schoharie Junction and dead-ending on the river.  What was the purpose of this, and, did it actually exist?
      http://docs.unh.edu/NY/scho00ne.jpg