RE: [FJGRailroad] Mystery Photo

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 22, 2010
      Yes, Mark.  When we were down there a couple years ago, I believe the trailer or another is still there.

      PKL

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: mwilber2001@...
      Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 07:38:06 -0800
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Mystery Photo

      There was a trailer next to the tracks on the east & south of the crossing. I friend of mine lived in it. My statement was a guess.

      From: fjgrailroad@ gmail.com
      Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 08:06:22 -0500

      Mark Wilber says Sammonsville Xing.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Feb 21, 2010, at 8:53 PM, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      I just posted a scan of a color slide here:

      http://groups/ .yahoo.com/ group/FJGRailroa d/photos/ album/1960951246 /pic/183128139/ view

      The year is 1975... the direction, obviously a southbound train in afternoon light... can anyone identify the location?  I suspect it is Union Avenue Extension in Johnstown...

    • Mark Wilber
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 24, 2010
        That's what I was wondering,it may not be at a road crossing, but further back at a farm crossing prior to a road crossing.Mark

        From: jsesonske@aol. com
        Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 02:45:27 +0000
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Mystery Photo

        I am thinking NB just before Patch Rd also. The sun angle is correct for afternoon at that spot and that does look like a pool where the Coleco parking lot would be. I thought there was a whistle post and flanger flag just south (west) of Patch Rd. I agree with the nose issue but as has been stated the long hood did occasionally face south.

        This looks like late Fall or early Spring. Wouldn't a SB at Townsend or Union have more light on the nose that time of year. I think Townsend is a pretty south facing crossing but I am not familiar with Union Ave xing.

        Just my 2 cents on the topic.

        I like those marker lights. They looked sharp on 20 and 21 when they had them.