Mystery Photo

    Message 1 of 32 , Feb 21, 2010
      I just posted a scan of a color slide here:

      The year is 1975... the direction, obviously a southbound train in afternoon light... can anyone identify the location?  I suspect it is Union Avenue Extension in Johnstown...

      -Aaron

    • Mark Wilber
      Message 32 of 32 , Feb 24, 2010
        That's what I was wondering,it may not be at a road crossing, but further back at a farm crossing prior to a road crossing.Mark

        From: jsesonske@aol. com
        Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 02:45:27 +0000
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Mystery Photo

        I am thinking NB just before Patch Rd also. The sun angle is correct for afternoon at that spot and that does look like a pool where the Coleco parking lot would be. I thought there was a whistle post and flanger flag just south (west) of Patch Rd. I agree with the nose issue but as has been stated the long hood did occasionally face south.

        This looks like late Fall or early Spring. Wouldn't a SB at Townsend or Union have more light on the nose that time of year. I think Townsend is a pretty south facing crossing but I am not familiar with Union Ave xing.

        Just my 2 cents on the topic.

        I like those marker lights. They looked sharp on 20 and 21 when they had them.