RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: Box car roster-Flatcars

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 11, 2010
      If I look really hard, and I mean I don't know where the photos are, I bet I have a bad photo of the flat with the burro crane sirtiing in Johnstown with at least part of the number visible......

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: jsesonske@...
      Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 22:09:49 +0000
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Re: Box car roster-Flatcars

      I thought that those car registers only listed cars that were in active interchange. The blue ex DH ballast hoppers are not listed either. Those 2 flatcars were definitely captive. By the way, what ever happened to the blue ballast hoppers. I thought I remember them in Utica. Are they still there? Its also interesting how many of the DO alldoors had been changed to CACV by 1980.

      Regarding the 34064, it appears URHS of NJ has this car. Here is a write up from their site--they have a photo link on their site also.
      Builder: Pullman Standard
      Type: IL
      Model: 70 Ton Flat Car
      Built: 1957
      Original Owner: Boston & Maine Railroad
      History: In 1957 Pullman Standard built ninety Cars, numbers 34000 through 34089. They are 53 foot 6 inches in length, IL flats with a welded steel under frame, wood deck floor and roller bearing trucks. This car was purchased by the Delaware Otsego Corporation for the Fonda Johnstown & Gloversville with the same number. It was donated to the collection by the New York, Susquehanna & Western Railway.

      I do not ever recall seeing this car running on the FJG.

      Aaron, with respect to the 2 old FJG flats (I think there were 2 left in the 70's) I seem to recall one or both being painted from black to yellow but I do not remember them getting lettered or numbered after repainting. I have to go back into my photos but I recall a picture of the yellow flat minus its decking hauling rail with the Burro crane. Did they ever put decking back on it? For some reason I thought those originally came from the B&O. Is that true? What was the number of the other original FJG flatcar? Does anyone know where those 2 flats ended up?