Re: Lumber and All Door Questions

  • John
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 30, 2009
      It must have been something like that unless it was car availability since Conrail had no all doors. Of course the D&H did not have any either. I have no idea how rates worked back in the late 70's before rate deregulation. I know that after deregulation it should have been cheaper to avoid the FJG since Conrail still wants their cut once they got the cars in Fonda. In theory the FJG just adds another railroad looking for a portion of the rate or a larger rate to cover the extra railroad.