NYSW 206

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 16, 2009

      Aaron,

      According to the website for the museum, the 206 was rebuilt in 1985.  Did they take the parts from the FJ&G S2 at that time?

      Gino

      Gino DiCarlo
      Imaging

      Quad/Imaging
      A Division of Quad/Graphics

      Saratoga Springs, New York
      518-581-4276 phone
      gino.dicarlo@...
      www.QG.com

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 16, 2009
        Gino,

        That's what's been alleged in the past... however... I've been trying to nail down exactly what parts may or may not have been used.  I was told by a source in the past... but can't recall who that source was... that the pilot and possibly the radiator were both used off one of the engines.

        Several photos of the scrapping exist, including the two you have on your Web site.  I suspect that the parts may have come off of the 21, based on the fact that the 20 has both a front pilot and most of its radiator intact in the photo you have posted from April, 1987.

        More photos of the 20 exist in Little Ferry than of the 21, so that would also seem to confirm that parts of the 21 may have been cut up much earlier.