FJ&G Trolley

  • Gordon Davis
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 11, 2009
    Here is an opportunity for we FJ&Gers to undertake a restoration of something other than a DO leftover.
    A group in Shelburn Falls, MA restored this little interurban, once a pig sty/chickencoop/whatever, into operating condition.  I believe it is powered by a trailing generator car.
    Gordon
    Shelburn Falls Trolley

  • johnnychristman4
    Message 2 of 6 , Dec 11, 2009
      I think this is a wonderful opportunity to add to the ever growing list of FJ&G publications as well! I think we should document every bit of this restoration, including the beginning stages (with the pictures that have already been taken) and have it printed in a short book!I know I'm kind of far away in Plattsburgh, but I'm trying to get into grad school for Railroad Historic Preservation and I want to help every chance that I can! When the restoration does begin, do you think that a schedule will be put out for volunteers?

      John Christman

      Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2009
        That trolley is gorgeous!!!!  I'd love to see her as a chicken coup!

        Gino

        On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Gordon Davis <gdavis4@...> wrote:

        [Attachment(s) from Gordon Davis included below]

        Here is an opportunity for we FJ&Gers to undertake a restoration of something other than a DO leftover.
        A group in Shelburn Falls, MA restored this little interurban, once a pig sty/chickencoop/whatever, into operating condition.  I believe it is powered by a trailing generator car.
        Gordon
        Shelburn Falls Trolley

        http://fjgrr.org
        http://ginosrailpage.com
        http://ginostrolleypage.com
        http://ginosmusicservice.com
      • handyman756
        Message 4 of 6 , Dec 11, 2009
          Gino,
          Let's see your photos! You probably used a real camera - I just had my phone!
          Jerry