Found a Trolley

  • handyman756
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 10, 2009
      Montgomery County History and Archives has just acquired a trolley body. Until recently it was part of a structure that was being occupied. I've examined it and it matches the dimensions and configuration of six single truck 1916-1917 cars that were used by the FJ&G in Amsterdam, mostly on the Hagaman line (2nd series of numbers 24-29). According to S&T Days on the FJ&G two of these were Southern Cars, the other four were Wason Cars. Efforts are continuing to get a positive identification on it and verify the FJ&G as it's source. It's currently sitting on the east side of the parking lot next to the Old Courthouse in Fonda, where the old jail used to be. She's pretty cut up now, but would look great restored! Gino and I have both taken photos and will be posting them in an album here shortly.
      Jerry