RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G boxcar (SB 918)

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009

      Mark,

      What about the deal to run trains up the FJ&G again?

      Gino

      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

      Several former LASB and FJG cars were transferred to the Stourbridge Railroad (SB reporting marks) when DO stopped operating that line.  DO never owned the LASB, they were just the designated operator.  The state or the counties owned the tracks.  SB came in and took over some of the equipment when it got designated operator status.  The cars were also renumbered when they received new reporting marks.

      Many of the SB cars were on a siding south of the Honesdale engine house in the mid-1990s, but they were gone when I went down there in 2002 or 2003.  Perhaps this was one of those cars.

      -Aaron

      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

      According to Mark Jacob's roster, there should be 2 down in Kingston Yard.  Also, the numbering should

      be of the 153xxx, 5' boxcar series.

      Gino

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
        Nothing more since Walt passed away.

        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
        From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
        Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
        From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
        Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009

          You mean that idea passed with him?  Awwwwwww

          Gino

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
          From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
          Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
          From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
          Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
            The "word" was that the M&E is going to operate the line. The "story" is that the Greenwood Lake folks and a group of volunteers got the line physically opened only to have the designated operator status passed to M&E. There was some wild rumor about the M&E operating a weekend passenger train out Friday and back Sunday.

            I can not represent where the truth lies in the foregoing but it was posted online......

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
            Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
            Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 21, 2009
              I guess, havent heard anything more on the issue since he climbed on board the locomotive to ask me questions about the layout at Fonda. Thats when he mention that he wants a study done of possibility to open the line from,the top of the hill by the paint company to Fonda. That was 3 years ago. He did say it would be very costly.

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
              From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
              Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
              From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
              Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 21, 2009
                Poor Walter passed on before Obama and his 'magic' stimulus funds! Walter could have gotten the line rebuilt to Broadalbin!

                Gino

                Sent from my iPhone

                ________________________________

                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                From: Gino.Dicarlo@ <http://qg.com/> qg.com<http://qg.com>
                Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

                Message 7 of 19 , Jan 3, 2010
                  Hey list. I may have given you some bad info. I spent considerable time this morning under and around the PC, FJ&G, LASB now SB 918 boxcar at the Catskill Mountain Railroad in Kingston NY, Blt 8/51 RBLT 9/69 it is in fact New York Central 72462.

                  I will be needing a photograph you cyber sleuths..........

                  Message 8 of 19 , Jan 3, 2010
                    Nothing on RRPictureArchives.net or RailPictures.net.  Nothing using various deviations of New York Central, NYC, Central, Boxcar, or Railroad and the car number on Google image search.

                    Message 9 of 19 , Jan 3, 2010
                      When I get a chance, I will look it up in the equipment register.........I am having trouble figurting out the FJG number. It looks to start 13------ which is a correct number for the car

                      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                      From: akeller_1979@...