RE: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G boxcar (SB 918)

    Message 1 of 19 , Nov 19, 2009
      Thats funny, I thought SB were the reporting marks for the South Brooklyn Railroad

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: akeller_1979@...
      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] FJ&G boxcar (SB 918)

      Several former LASB and FJG cars were transferred to the Stourbridge Railroad (SB reporting marks) when DO stopped operating that line.  DO never owned the LASB, they were just the designated operator.  The state or the counties owned the tracks.  SB came in and took over some of the equipment when it got designated operator status.  The cars were also renumbered when they received new reporting marks.

      Many of the SB cars were on a siding south of the Honesdale engine house in the mid-1990s, but they were gone when I went down there in 2002 or 2003.  Perhaps this was one of those cars.

      -Aaron

      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

      According to Mark Jacob's roster, there should be 2 down in Kingston Yard.  Also, the numbering should

      be of the 153xxx, 5' boxcar series.

      Gino

      Message 2 of 19 , Nov 19, 2009
        Whose ever they were, the Stourbridge Railroad had a string of SB boxcars that never moved.  South Brooklyn is SBK.  One of the current lists I have lists SB as South Buffalo, but I never have heard of the South Buffalo buying former DO boxcars that were already on a DO line and then never moving them off of a DO line.  SBRR is listed as the current reporting marks for Stourbridge Railroad.  I always assumed that the SB cars were old LASB/FJG cars that were transferred to the Stourbridge Railroad.

        An interesting anomaly is a boxcar that sat on an industrial spur in Honesdale for many years.  It was painted in DO blue and lettered with DO yellow stencils, but it carried the name Kimball's Cut and Hawley or Kimball's Cut and Lackawaxen, I can't remember which.

        -Aaron

      • Mark Wilber
        Message 3 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
          Rumors has it that they may be opening up the line again on the LASB. We had to set off a caboose to them at Lackawaxen last week.

          Thats funny, I thought SB were the reporting marks for the South Brooklyn Railroad

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
          From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
          Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
          From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
          Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

          Message 4 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
            The Morristown & Erie folks are the new operator.....

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: mwilber2001@...
            Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 09:07:33 -0800

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
            Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
            Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

            Message 5 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
              They've run some scenic trains this year, but you think they'll be moving freight again?

              Gino

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
              From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
              Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
              From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
              Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

              According to Mark Jacob's roster, there should be 2 down in Kingston Yard.  Also, the numbering should

              be of the 153xxx, 5' boxcar series.

              Gino

              There is an FJ&G (ex PC) boxcar with the reporting marks SB 918 in Kingston Yard. Do you have any idea how the car came to the CMRR and what the background might be on this car?

              http://fjgrr.org
              http://ginosrailpage.com
              http://ginostrolleypage.com
              http://ginosmusicservice.com
            • Mark Wilber
              Message 6 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
                We were told that we may delivering cars at Lackawaxen sometime in the future.I dont know much details on it. Also the deal taking over Campbell Hall and Hudson Secondary work fell thru.Not getting it now.

                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
                Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

                To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
                Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

                Message 7 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009

                  Mark,

                  What about the deal to run trains up the FJ&G again?

                  Gino

                  To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
                  Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

                  To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                  From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
                  Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

                  Message 8 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
                    Nothing more since Walt passed away.

                    To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
                    Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

                    To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                    From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
                    Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

                    Message 9 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009

                      You mean that idea passed with him?  Awwwwwww

                      Gino

                      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                      From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
                      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

                      To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                      From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
                      Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

                      Message 10 of 19 , Nov 20, 2009
                        The "word" was that the M&E is going to operate the line. The "story" is that the Greenwood Lake folks and a group of volunteers got the line physically opened only to have the designated operator status passed to M&E. There was some wild rumor about the M&E operating a weekend passenger train out Friday and back Sunday.

                        I can not represent where the truth lies in the foregoing but it was posted online......

                        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
                        Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

                        To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
                        Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

                        Message 11 of 19 , Nov 21, 2009
                          I guess, havent heard anything more on the issue since he climbed on board the locomotive to ask me questions about the layout at Fonda. Thats when he mention that he wants a study done of possibility to open the line from,the top of the hill by the paint company to Fonda. That was 3 years ago. He did say it would be very costly.

                          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                          From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
                          Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:29:57 -0800

                          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                          From: Gino.Dicarlo@ qg.com
                          Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

                          Message 12 of 19 , Nov 21, 2009
                            Poor Walter passed on before Obama and his 'magic' stimulus funds! Walter could have gotten the line rebuilt to Broadalbin!

                            Gino

                            Sent from my iPhone

                            ________________________________

                            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
                            From: Gino.Dicarlo@ <http://qg.com/> qg.com<http://qg.com>
                            Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 20:04:54 -0600

                            Message 13 of 19 , Jan 3, 2010
                              Hey list. I may have given you some bad info. I spent considerable time this morning under and around the PC, FJ&G, LASB now SB 918 boxcar at the Catskill Mountain Railroad in Kingston NY, Blt 8/51 RBLT 9/69 it is in fact New York Central 72462.

                              I will be needing a photograph you cyber sleuths..........

                              Message 14 of 19 , Jan 3, 2010
                                Nothing on RRPictureArchives.net or RailPictures.net.  Nothing using various deviations of New York Central, NYC, Central, Boxcar, or Railroad and the car number on Google image search.

                                Message 15 of 19 , Jan 3, 2010
                                  When I get a chance, I will look it up in the equipment register.........I am having trouble figurting out the FJG number. It looks to start 13------ which is a correct number for the car

                                  To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: akeller_1979@...