Re: [FJGRailroad] Plow

  • Mark Wilber
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
      Better not be abandond,I just brought a train in this morning at 4:00am from NJ.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
        Regarding the plow, the Russell on the FJG was a double track plow built to throw snow to one side only. The other NYSW plows are single track V plows. So that would be one indication if it was the former FJG plow. Last I knew it was in Utica in very bad shape but that was long ago.

        Regarding the Southern Tier, it was double track all the way from CP SR to CP Deposit when the NYSW got it but I believe the double is now only from CP Lanesboro (west end Starrucca) to CP SR. The grade is Gulf Summit grade and I think you meant west of Deposit and in EL and early Conrail days it was a pusher district from SR to Deposit.