RE: [FJGRailroad] Plow

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
      It looked exactly like the B&M plow....yellow but no reporting marks or number.

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: fjgrailroad@...
      Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2009 00:52:09 -0500
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Plow

      Here's a better question, was it burned out Joe?  The last I saw it in 2004 it was after it got burned out by vandals.

      Gino

      On Fri, Nov 13, 2009 at 11:31 PM, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      Joe,

      Interesting, did it have the square cupola, or was it curved?  The NYS&W had a couple plows, one ex- MEC, one ex- USAF, etc.

      Am curious because I thought the ex- B&M, FJ&G #202 was scrapped on site in Utica sometime in the early or mid 2000s.

      http://fjgrr. org
      http://ginosrailpag e.com
      http://ginostrolley page.com
      http://ginosmusicse rvice.com

    • Mark Wilber
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
        Better not be abandond,I just brought a train in this morning at 4:00am from NJ.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 14, 2009
          Regarding the plow, the Russell on the FJG was a double track plow built to throw snow to one side only. The other NYSW plows are single track V plows. So that would be one indication if it was the former FJG plow. Last I knew it was in Utica in very bad shape but that was long ago.

          Regarding the Southern Tier, it was double track all the way from CP SR to CP Deposit when the NYSW got it but I believe the double is now only from CP Lanesboro (west end Starrucca) to CP SR. The grade is Gulf Summit grade and I think you meant west of Deposit and in EL and early Conrail days it was a pusher district from SR to Deposit.