Re: [FJGRailroad] Heir to a Glove Town's Legacy

    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
      Great article Saul.  Thanks for sharing it.  I'd love to see this guy's shop...

      Gino

      On Sat, Oct 31, 2009 at 9:51 AM, Saul Kalbfeld <fjgbus@...> wrote:

      Group,

      This article appeared in the NY Times on October 22. For those of us grew up in families whose parents, grandparents and possibly great grandparents working in the tanning and glove trades, this article is a bittersweet reminder of all we have lost.

      Saul

      --
      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        There's an image of DO #100 on the bottom of this list:

        http://www.trains.com/trn/default.aspx?c=a&id=5744

        Reference that the 100 eventually went to the FJ&G.

        -Aaron

      • John
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
          If you like this photo get the magazine. The picture looks really nice in the magazine as compared to online (at least my screens version online). Thanks for posting Aaron. That blue and yellow paint job was pretty sharp looking.

          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009

            I liked that paint job also!  I wish all those DO engines were painted like that, although the Burgundy and

            gold wasn't too shabby.  I always wondered why CACV 101 was just blue.  Did they never get around to

            adding the yellow?

            Gino