RE: [FJGRailroad] Tie Plates

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2009
      Aaron,
      I know the type of plate you are talking about. This one is much too old to ever have been ordered by Conrail.

      i will se if I can get my daughter to take a pic and send it to you.

      Regrads

      Joe

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: akeller_1979@...
      Date: Fri, 30 Oct 2009 22:34:35 -0700
      Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Tie Plates

      Joe,

      I would need to see a photo to be sure... but... I think you're describing the type of tie plate that used to be used on tight curves on high-speed lines.  Conrail used to use them at Big Nose Curve down in the Mohawk Valley.

      I'm assuming this is the type that would be bolted to the tie rather than spiked... and some had a "crease" in order to use a spring-type attachment that held the rail in place more solidly than a normal spike.