Heir to a Glove Town's Legacy

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 31, 2009
      Group,

      This article appeared in the NY Times on October 22. For those of us grew up in families whose parents, grandparents and possibly great grandparents working in the tanning and glove trades, this article is a bittersweet reminder of all we have lost.

      Saul

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
        Great article Saul.  Thanks for sharing it.  I'd love to see this guy's shop...

        Gino

        --
        http://fjgrr.org
        http://ginosrailpage.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2009
          There's an image of DO #100 on the bottom of this list:

          http://www.trains.com/trn/default.aspx?c=a&id=5744

          Reference that the 100 eventually went to the FJ&G.

          -Aaron

        • John
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009
            If you like this photo get the magazine. The picture looks really nice in the magazine as compared to online (at least my screens version online). Thanks for posting Aaron. That blue and yellow paint job was pretty sharp looking.

            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 3, 2009

              I liked that paint job also!  I wish all those DO engines were painted like that, although the Burgundy and

              gold wasn't too shabby.  I always wondered why CACV 101 was just blue.  Did they never get around to

              adding the yellow?

              Gino