NYS&W/ONTRACK

  • odakyu2003
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2009
      My two cents worth.
      Ontrack didn't have a very bright future from the git-go for it was put under the CENTRO umbrella, that organization being our local bus service. They already provided service between the end points, however often requiring a transfer. An extension of service to our local Amtrak station and sports stadium never came to pass due to an inability to reach an agreement with CSX. The Amtrak station has a platform face for this service and a platform was built at the stadium, both sites remained track-less. The bridge and track materials were piled in an adjacent lot, however now removed. Service was once extended to Jamesville to ease traffic congestion during a contruction project on Interstate 81. This traffic never materialized.
      As I write this there is a string of passenger cars (some bi-levels) on the siding at Carousel Center.
      Gordon Davis