NYS&W Utica Branch (was: DO-Line/CACV #2)

    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 2009
      Gino,

      The rails are all still there, but they're in bad shape.  I believe there are numerous full washouts and many, many locations where the roadbed has been scoured away on one side by the rushing currents.

      Somewhere I saw some type of inspection or other document prepared on this line... but I have no clue where it is right now.  I read it in a PDF format.  I think some type of county or state agency did it.

      -Aaron

      From: fjgrailroad@gmail.com
      Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:13:43 +0000
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] DO-Line/CACV #2

      Hi guys,

      Mark Wilbur, former FJ&G/DO Conductor, now NYS&W passed some photos along to me. They're of former DO-Line, CACV #2 being placed on a flatbed for removal from the DO Corp. Property. It was sold to someone in Maryland. I've posted them to my webpage, here is the link: http://www.fjgrr. org/ginospage/ CACV_DOS2/ DOCCACV2. html

      The photos were taken by NYS&W Dispatcher Tom Ross.

      Gino

      Windows 7: I wanted more reliable, now it's more reliable. Wow!