RE: [FJGRailroad] Delaware Otsego Corp.

    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 26, 2009

      I read somewhere that NS and CSX own a piece of the NYSW.  Also, CSX is looking to start running

      from Selklirk to Montreal using the D&H.  I was told that they don't have X-Ray equipment for the

      cars coming and going to Canada from the Montreal Secondary.  The FEDs want CSX to build the

      facility to do this, but CSX doesn't want to spend the money.  The D&H at Rouses Point has the

      X-Ray scanner and that's why CSX wants to run that way.  So far, CPRail says no, due to the fact that

      CSX wants their own crews to run trains as far north as possible.  I think they've suggested D&H

      crews running from Whitehall, but the D&H wants it from Kenwood.

      And there's more, CP's US crews are only running to Plattsburg with Canadian Crews taking trains

      across the border....

      Gino