Larner to discuss history of railroad

  • Fjgrailroad
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 9, 2009

      Larner to discuss history of railroad

      POSTED: October 8, 2009
      Save | Print | Email

      GLOVERSVILLE - Historian and writer Paul Larner will speak about "Our Railroad, the F, J & G," at 2 p.m. Oct. 18 at the Fulton County Museum, 237 Kingsboro Ave.

      Larner's presentation will be part of the 2009 Western Frontier Symposium," Moving Frontiers: Early Transportation in the Mohawk Valley." The museum is one of several historic sites participating in the symposium, which will take place Oct. 17 and 18. It will feature lectures by numerous historians at Fulton-Montgomery Community College.

      Larner has done research on the Fonda, Johnstown and Gloversville Railroad and has written a book about his findings. His talk at the museum will be free and open to the public.

      Sent from my iPhone