The FJ&G Webpage

    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 28, 2009
      Hi guys,

      I recently shut down my old server and moved www.fjgrr.org to a new site.  I have an Apple account which
      gives you web space and a place to place your Domain.  Well, I was gonna let it all just fade away and
      say the hell with it.  In these economic times it's tough spending $150 bucks on a webpage and then having
      to shop at Aldi's.  I'm lucky to have a job, but I have lost hours and must make some cuts.

      Our good friend Paul Larner stepped in to save the domain fjgrr.org, but I will unfortunatly have to let
      ginosrailpage fade away.  A lot of people have contacted me about it's status, but it really comes down
      to these tough times.  I'm not broadcasting my problems to anyone looking for sympathy, I'm just being honest
      about what happened to her.  It's no big deal, I still have a job, car, house and a beautiful wife and kids. 20 of my
      co-workers are on the Unemployment line, I'm the lucky one!   I'm blessed and not looking for a hand out!  I'm
      just sharing what's going on with my friends and that's that.

      The good news is Paul Larner helped me out so he'd a have a place to promote his book and I think everything
      will work out.  I'm happy to still have a web presence and that the FJ&G is still there for her fans in
      cyberspace!  Having the webpage in a new spot has created some problems.  I rebuilt it from scratch and
      the next thing you know it corrupts and I lost all the new things I uploaded.  Well, it's gonna take me a
      little bit to rebuild now, so in the meantime I've uploaded an old version of FJGRR.COM from 2002.  That's
      right, it's like you took a time machine!  Take a walk over to http://www.fjgrr.org and see what the page used
      to look like.  There's photos there that haven't seen light of day in over 5 years.  I think you'll get a kick
      out of it!

      I thank all the people with the kind words for ginosrailpage and it warms my heart that someone like Jim
      Shaugnessy tells me it was his favorite website.  Wow, that made my day!  Things are on the upswing
      and I hope to have something new and special in the works, just keep an eye out!

      Hope to see you all in Gloversville on October the 10th!

      Best Wishes.

      http://fjgrr.org
      http://ginosrailpage.com
      http://ginostrolleypage.com
      http://ginosmusicservice.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
        I am very disappointed. I really appreciated Ginos Page. It was full of great stuff! You've got to rebuild! I pledge $25 to put it back together!

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009

          Me too

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
            That's very nice Joe, but I'm not having a telethon!

            Gino

            p.s.  I do hope you're on the upswing!

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: fjgrailroad@...
            Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:40:32 -0400

[...]

          • d.michael holdridge
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
              Telethon - maybe not,
                But it is such a great source for so much information and photos,  I'll also put up 25 dollars to keep it going too. now it's up to a third.

              Mike Holdridge

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
                Sorry I hadn't checked all my email  - that 'd make it half.
                dmh

                From: fjgrailroad@ gmail.com
                Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 22:40:32 -0400

              • slamora1@nycap.rr.com
                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
                  Gino I never got to say thankyou for all the wotk you did on the web pages with out the FJG page I would never had buil the layout I did or the one I'm doing now .So Thankyou

                  Steve Lamora

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
                    Where were you guys when I had a PayPal donation link on the page.  I think Steve Lamora
                    and Paul Larner were the only ones to notice it!

                    Gino

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
                      I confess, I was not aware. I guess you do not know how much you miss something until it is gone. I will reiterate my pledge though. I really think your page was an important resource. Besides I like all those Cushing Branch and AC&N RR Photos.

                      Please rebuild the page.

                      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
                        Gee, I haven't been on your site for a while and have only recently signed up for pay pal.  I just know from when I was there It was good information, and I made the offer now.  If you had of given warning that it was going away, I would have made the offer then.
                        dmh

                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
                          That would've been classy of me, 'send me your money or I'll delete Gino's Railpage!'  See, that
                          wasn't what it was about.  I've been chatting with JoeK about this.  After I uploaded the PayPal
                          donation link I thought how low of me to look for donations from people to help me keep my
                          train pictures on the Internet.  What a heel I was.  People are out there unemployed and I'm
                          looking for money to save a webpage?  Don't worry, it didn't last up there long.  Steve Lamora
                          wanted to help, but I told him to wipe the thought!  I took Paul's donation as a way to keep
                          FJGRR.org alive to promote his book, otherwise I would have just let that go too.  I assure you
                          all, I feel pretty low for taking Paul's hard-earned money, but I convinced myself it was to help
                          advertise his great book!

                          Speaking of which, I hope you sold more Paul.  In the one week that my redesigned FJG page
                          was online, 150 people viewed your "Our Railroad" page!  That's pretty neat in my book...

                          Gino

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009
                            Okay Gino......I pledge my $25 to keep MY pictures on the internet! Now its about my ego not yours! PLEASE PUT THE SITE BACK UP!

                            Anyone else?

                            RIVERLINEJOE

                            yes I am yelling to try to convince Gino to bring back the site.

                            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 29, 2009

                              You are a silly fellow Joe, but I like you!  Here's a good cause.....The Salvation Army!

                              Gino

                              From: d.michael holdridge <dmike27@yahoo. com>

                              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com

                              Date: Tuesday, September 29, 2009, 4:54 PM

                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 30, 2009
                                That was a great site--I loved the West Shore stuff and obviously the FJG stuff. The site was a nice resource for anyone interested in rail activity in the Mohawk Valley area.

                                I would donate to see the site return. Fallen Flags asks for donations to keep that great resource running so that concept is a fine idea.

                                Also, not as good, but on pbase.com you can build photo galleries. You get a base amount of MB for free and then pay modest amounts for more MB. For probably $30 a year you could have more space then you would need. Not as good as a pure website but could work. Look at this great site.

                                http://pbase.com/rparent

                                John Sesonske

                                --- In FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com, "Dicarlo, Gino" <Gino.Dicarlo@...> wrote:

                                > You are a silly fellow Joe, but I like you! Here's a good cause.....The Salvation Army!
                                >
                                > Gino

                              • DJS
                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 30, 2009
                                  Not a bad idea John, but I'll tell ya since I learned how to use Dreamweaver and work on our own business website I find you have a lot more control than PBASE or Fotopic. I tried PBASE out once just to test it out and thought it was kind of clunky. They also just suffered from a major meltdown to. At some point I am going to build my site. Finding cheap space to host it and build it yourself is the way to go. HVCC offers some great continuing ED classes on Dreamweaver and Photoshop. Not to mention there are some great guides out to. And by any means am I a pro at code or websites in anyway either. Deano

                                  Dean J. Splittgerber

                                  Duanesburg, N.Y.

                                  http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=8997