RE: [FJGRailroad] Pictures of R&S 31 in Gloversville 11-13-1979 plus 21 in storage 12-1980

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 8, 2009

      Where have you been John?

      Gino

      From: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com [mailto:FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of johnsesonske
      Sent: Tuesday, September 08, 2009 10:46 PM
      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] Pictures of R&S 31 in Gloversville 11-13-1979 plus 21 in storage 12-1980

      I just created a folder in the files section under my name. I placed 3 pictures in the folder as follows:

      One view of the southend of R&S 31 next to TOFC ramp in G'ville upon arrival. The passenger car in background is CACV 6 Lake Wallenpaupack (I think I have the number correct) which was brought in for MOW crews during trackwork blitz.

      One view of the northend of R&S 31 on same day--first day on FJG.

      One view of 21 "dead" with horn removed and stack covered on 12-1980, four months before arrival of FJG 100. FJG 20 was still running at this point.

      I'll try and upload some more pics of caboose in silver primer, flanger and DO plow in fresh paint plus derailment at Hill St when I get a chance.

      Thanks

      John