Re: [FJGRailroad] O&W caboose

  • DJS
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 23, 2009
      What about the WAG #1700. What happened to there museum?

      Dean J. Splittgerber

      Duanesburg, N.Y.

      http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=8997

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
        The O&W sites have been busy on this too.  One of the requirements for bidders is that they be IRS approved not-for-profits.
        Gordon
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
          Dear FJ&G-ers,
            Just checked with a standing member of the Lake Shore Railroad museum in North East PA, that the WAG 1700 now resides in, and all is well with the hulk of 1700 and the museum.

            The museum in question is the Lake Shore Electric Railway Museum, Cleveland, Ohio.

          Until I didn't know there was other O&W cabooses out there, but sure glad of it, and now hear the O&W Society is interested but doesn't have the property to place it.
            Arkville - was mentioned as a location site because O&W NW2 116 is now there, but I heard they are not taking on any more equipment.

            I don't know if they could handle it, and it is probably a pipe dream, but
            The Unadilla Valley Museum in New Berlin is of interest to me, as they house their works right in the original O&W station, had O&W cabooses, and would place the caboose right on the old O&W right of way... and I do see the caboose as O&W not UV.

            Another Railfan friend I just checked with, said their has been discussion of this event on the O&W yahoo group web site.

          Best Mike Holdridge
                  -  a Unadilla Valley Railway Co. , Wellsville Addison & Galeton Railroad
                     &  H.E. Salzberg Co. group  interestee

          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009
            That's great news. It would be a tragedy if anything happened to the #1700. Dean

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 24, 2009

               I would like to support a group who can make a realistic bid and execute the deal. Got any suggestions?

              To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com; hudsonriverraillines@yahoogroups.com; dandh@yahoogroups.com
              From: gdavis4@...
              Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 08:56:20 -0400

              The O&W sites have been busy on this too.  One of the requirements for bidders is that they be IRS approved not-for-profits.
              Gordon
              The Lake Shore  Museumm is liquidating. There is an O&W caboose being auctioned. I would like to start/join a dialog with serious parties to save this caboose and bring it back to New York.....respond soon please....

              Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.