Track Plan at Fonda

  • Saul Kalbfeld
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
      The FJ&G turntable in Fonda appears as photo #1 in the 1928 ICC survey file in our Files section. This was a hand operated table, pushed by the crew to turn an engine. I have the specs for this table in my partial file of the survey. It was there until the early or mid 1950's, I don't know for sure. I remember walking on it several times. Once the FJ&G steamers were gone, it was no longer used, since the ALCO switchers weren't turned. I don't know if #11 and 14 engines could be turned on that table either.
      Regards,
      Saul
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 1, 2009
        Hello Saul,

        The table was there in the summer of 1961.  Another photo I have is not definitive but appears to show the route across the table in the summer of 1962.  Of '61 I am certain, after that I haven't been able to pin it down,

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: fjgbus@...
        Date: Sat, 1 Aug 2009 14:00:57 +0000
        Subject: [FJGRailroad] Track Plan at Fonda

        The FJ&G turntable in Fonda appears as photo #1 in the 1928 ICC survey file in our Files section. This was a hand operated table, pushed by the crew to turn an engine. I have the specs for this table in my partial file of the survey. It was there until the early or mid 1950's, I don't know for sure. I remember walking on it several times. Once the FJ&G steamers were gone, it was no longer used, since the ALCO switchers weren't turned. I don't know if #11 and 14 engines could be turned on that table either.
        Regards,
        Saul

        Get back to school stuff for them and cashback for you. Try BingT now.