rail preservation

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 24, 2009
      I would like to appeal to you about railroad preservation:

      There is some rail equipment rusting away that is supposed to be in the hands of people who were going to preserve it. Truely unique locomotives and stuff........it pains me to see it rotting away. I understand it is because of someone's ego......

      For myself, I am in the process of completely restoring an old railroad flatcar for use on the Catskill Mountain Railroad. I have needle scaled, wire wheeled, primed and almost completely painted the car. For those of you who have some experince with this, you know how dirty a job it is. next I will redeck the car as soon as I can find $1,000 or 48 2x10x 10 foot White Oak planks (can anyone get me a deal on flat car decking?). Please consider visiting your local railroad museum and buying a ticket. Or buy a Tee shirt or join a historical society and help with the knuckle bruising, dirty work. Want to learn about repairing and maintaininmg railroad track? Email me off line. You can go to trackman's school.

      Support your local railroad. Good night all.

      Windows Live™ Hotmail®: Search, add, and share the web’s latest sports videos. Check it out.