Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: The "Old" CNYK Railbed - Sold

  • DJS
    Message 1 of 7 , May 14 10:14 AM
      Hey give them some credit. It might work. We were just lucky that the Rail was still in place and the DO didn't want the line anymore. A very successful Narrow Gauge operation is running now up in Portland Maine. There running on what was the Grand Trunks main into Portland. There a small operation compaired to our CACV but they have built a really attractive attraction for Portland's Waterfront. Also I would rather see rail than a bike path. You don't have to start out big. A little bit goes a long way. Just my two cents.

      Dean J. Splittgerber

      Duanesburg, N.Y.

      http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=8997

      Message 2 of 7 , May 14 10:23 AM
        " We were just lucky that the Rail was still in place and the DO didn't want the line anymore." (CACV)....Sorry

          --
          http://fjgrr.org
          http://ginosrailpage.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 14 11:23 AM
          • DJS
            Message 5 of 7 , May 15 1:06 PM
              Thanks Gino, Keep up the Great work with your Sites and Books. US fans of Mohawk Valley and Capital District Railroad and Traction History don't realize how lucky we have it due to your websites. Not to forget the Canal also. But that's for another Yahoo Group. Deano