Brill Bullets on the Bamberger

  • Glenn J. Williams
    Message 1 of 2 , May 6, 2009
      Here's a paragraph from a long, long article by Stanwood C. Griffith in the Spring 2009 issue of "First and Fastest", a publication of the Shore Line Interurban Historical Society:

      "I also stole time to take a ride on the Bamberger. The car was one of those that came from the Fonda, Johnstown and Glover[sville] in upstate New York and had the strange looking roof end like the Philadelphia & Western Bullets. The only design problem that I had with these cars was that when you rode with the front windows open, the air horn just deafened everyone in the car."

      Glenn
      Penacook, NH
    • andrewsfusco
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2009
        Dear Glenn: Please note that the FJ&G Bullets were slightly different than
        the ones used in Pennsylvania: that were smaller. That's why Gino refers
        to them as 'Baby Bullets.' The FJ&G Bullets had 12 passenger windows per
        side and two doors only on one side. The Pennsylvania Bullets had 13 windows
        and four doors (2 per each side). As a result, the FJ&G Bullets were about
        6-8 shorter than their counterparts.

        Obviously, this is the type of minutia that a modeler drools for...or swears
        at, while he takes a hack saw to a perfectly good big bullet. Been there,
        doing that.---Andy