RE: [FJGRailroad] An Alco Engine

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009

      Joe,

      Please, don't waste your time.  Remember, the locals were looking for FJ&G equipment.

      Not something that looked like FJ&G equipment.  Save your money and let that window

      of opportunity close.

      I'm trying to save you some trouble.

      Gino

      From: akeller_1979@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:13:33 -0700
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] An Alco Engine

      Joe,

      The engines at Colonie are already owned by the Mohawk & Hudson, NRHS, or by associates thereof.  I got the feeling they were not willing to part with them some time ago.  The LRHS wanted one of them at one point.  Who knows.

      -Aaron

      Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009
        Almost wonder if it's worth it to approach the chapter AND the Canadian Pacific.  The CP was the one who was threatening scrapping the equipment.

        -Aaron

        I had heard that AAron. But if they do not move, they will be scrapped. That will be the window of opportunity.

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009
          If I knew how. I would do it. Now that I think about it, I may know someone who can tell me how to approach CP. I'll ask and get back to the list.

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
          From: akeller_1979@...
          Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:02:57 -0700

          To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
          From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
          Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:13:33 -0700

          Joe,

          The engines at Colonie are already owned by the Mohawk & Hudson, NRHS, or by associates thereof.  I got the feeling they were not willing to part with them some time ago.  The LRHS wanted one of them at one point.  Who knows.

          -Aaron

          Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!

          Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009
            Joe, if you want to know about the equpment at Colonie talk to the Mohawk and hudson chapter NRHS.  I don't know if Charlie Ballard is still with us but his wife Bobbie, would know all about them.  She is delightful to speak with about railroading.

            PKL

            To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: riverlinejoe@...
            Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 02:16:25 +0000

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
            Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:02:57 -0700

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
            Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:13:33 -0700

            Joe,

            The engines at Colonie are already owned by the Mohawk & Hudson, NRHS, or by associates thereof.  I got the feeling they were not willing to part with them some time ago.  The LRHS wanted one of them at one point.  Who knows.

            -Aaron

            Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!

            Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.

            Rediscover HotmailĀ®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.