RE: [FJGRailroad] An Alco Engine

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009
      I had heard that AAron. But if they do not move, they will be scrapped. That will be the window of opportunity.

      To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
      From: akeller_1979@...
      Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:13:33 -0700
      Subject: [FJGRailroad] An Alco Engine

      Joe,

      The engines at Colonie are already owned by the Mohawk & Hudson, NRHS, or by associates thereof.  I got the feeling they were not willing to part with them some time ago.  The LRHS wanted one of them at one point.  Who knows.

      -Aaron

      Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009

        Joe,

        Please, don't waste your time.  Remember, the locals were looking for FJ&G equipment.

        Not something that looked like FJ&G equipment.  Save your money and let that window

        of opportunity close.

        I'm trying to save you some trouble.

        Gino

        I had heard that AAron. But if they do not move, they will be scrapped. That will be the window of opportunity.

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009
          Almost wonder if it's worth it to approach the chapter AND the Canadian Pacific.  The CP was the one who was threatening scrapping the equipment.

          -Aaron

          I had heard that AAron. But if they do not move, they will be scrapped. That will be the window of opportunity.

          To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009
            If I knew how. I would do it. Now that I think about it, I may know someone who can tell me how to approach CP. I'll ask and get back to the list.

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
            From: akeller_1979@...
            Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:02:57 -0700

            To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
            Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:13:33 -0700

            Joe,

            The engines at Colonie are already owned by the Mohawk & Hudson, NRHS, or by associates thereof.  I got the feeling they were not willing to part with them some time ago.  The LRHS wanted one of them at one point.  Who knows.

            -Aaron

            Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!

            Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 3, 2009
              Joe, if you want to know about the equpment at Colonie talk to the Mohawk and hudson chapter NRHS.  I don't know if Charlie Ballard is still with us but his wife Bobbie, would know all about them.  She is delightful to speak with about railroading.

              PKL

              To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com
              From: riverlinejoe@...
              Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 02:16:25 +0000

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
              From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
              Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2009 17:02:57 -0700

              To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
              From: akeller_1979@ yahoo.com
              Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 20:13:33 -0700

              Joe,

              The engines at Colonie are already owned by the Mohawk & Hudson, NRHS, or by associates thereof.  I got the feeling they were not willing to part with them some time ago.  The LRHS wanted one of them at one point.  Who knows.

              -Aaron

              Quick access to your favorite MSN content and Windows Live with Internet Explorer 8. Download FREE now!

              Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.

              Rediscover Hotmail®: Get quick friend updates right in your inbox. Check it out.