RE: [FJGRailroad] Re: An S-2 for Gloversville's Rail Park

    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 2, 2009

      I'm not taking anything to heart here.  The blame is on me for giving you guys the wrong idea.

      When I'm misleading a lawyer and a Syracuse graduate, I know I'm utilizing any communication

      skills.

      Here's something to think about before this conversation goes any further.  The Councilman

      was wondering if there was any FJG equipment out there, not equipment that LOOKED like

      FJ&G equipment...

      Gino

      Message 2 of 24 , Apr 2, 2009
        Andy and Joe,

        I was under the impression the equipment atr Colonie HAD to be moved.  I thought I had heaerd dome of it was disposed of to other locations - now I've been away from there for a couple years - this may be confirmed.  If an S-2 is at Colonie that would be the one, after viewing to truck to Gloversville simply because of its proximity.  Now to a reasonable extent I will start this trek (or another) by stating, I will put up $1,000 if nine more of us will match it.  If that doesn't start something with the city to desire it, because unless they commit we are wasting time and money, then it must die.

        Now I am not in Gloversville thus there isn't much more I can conveniently do.  I've started the pot, now someone close to the council needs to get the other side rolling.  We need two commitments - one from this group and the other from the city.

        Andy I would expect before advancing ten grand we should form an LLC and only deal with the city by contract, in as much as elected officials often change.  How do you see this part of the deal?

        Are we in this game?

        PKL

        To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com
        From: fusco@...
        Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:57:13 +0000

        Message 3 of 24 , Apr 2, 2009
          I will be in a better position to pledge in a couple weeks, but pencil me in....

          To: fjgrailroad@yahoogroups.com

          From: fusco@baldcom. net
          Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2009 18:57:13 +0000

> [...]

          > Then truck the frame and give the traction motors to a deserving railroad that can use them (CMRR, D&U) with the trucks going under the frame in Gloversville. After repainting the hood reassemble and Ta da FJ&G #22.
          >

          > To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
          > From: handyman756@ ...
          > Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:25:30 -0700
          > Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Get Together and other things of note!
          >

          > I've got a compressor and spray gun, so I'm game. But an S-2 is a little bigger than the last Chevy I painted back in my younger days.

          Rediscover Hotmail®: Get e-mail storage that grows with you. Check it out.
          Message 4 of 24 , Apr 2, 2009
            I will tell you what. Right at this moment I am available to go and talk to the Gloversville councilman. Tell me his name I will give him a call.

            To: FJGRailroad@yahoogroups.com

> [...]

            > Then truck the frame and give the traction motors to a deserving railroad that can use them (CMRR, D&U) with the trucks going under the frame in Gloversville. After repainting the hood reassemble and Ta da FJ&G #22.
            >

            > To: FJGRailroad@ yahoogroups. com
            > From: handyman756@ ...
            > Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 14:25:30 -0700
            > Subject: Re: [FJGRailroad] Re: Get Together and other things of note!
            >

            > I've got a compressor and spray gun, so I'm game. But an S-2 is a little bigger than the last Chevy I painted back in my younger days.

          • Robert Schoneman
            Message 5 of 24 , Apr 4, 2009
              ... him about the #30 sitting out in Iowa he was very interested in it. So
              much, if someone gives me a contact with the railroad out there, he will look into the possibility of bringing that loco back to Gloversville.

              Um, which railroad in Iowa? I have friends who work at Iowa Interstate, and have their email addresses.

              As for paint...

              Floquil and Rt 30 ring a bell? Hmmm...weren't they bought out by Testors though. :-)

              Bob Schoneman
              Appleton, WI