Re: [FJGRailroad] No. 30

    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 31, 2009
      It weighs 44 tons assuming the engines are still in it.  I would say they ought to be junked before moving.

      Alco bodies are owned by the Mohawk & Hudson NRHS.  One just got scrapped, I think, on the old Grafton & Upton.  An old Bay Colony body is available in Mass. I think.

      From: fjgrailroad@...
      Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 23:05:52 -0400

      I personally didn't mean that the boxcar wasn't an FJ&G car.  I was quoting the
      Councilman and should have credited it that way.   He was going under the assumption
      that the boxcar was from somewhere else and just plopped there and painted maroon.
      I gave him a short history of the boxcar saga.
      I am fond of those green and blue boxcars especially since they came to town during the
      DO years.  Not to mention, they were prevalent in my fj&g railfanning!  Personally, I would have
      liked to see that car painted Sky-Blue with yellow lettering, but that's another story.
      The councilman thought it would be nicer to have a piece of equipment that was special, like an engine
      or trolley.  I told him about the Bullet car in Utah, but he thought that may be too long
      a haul for transport.
      I did say the 44 ton engine would probably fit right on the end of the boxcar, so who knows.
      I'd love to see it there!

      On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:46 PM, Aaron Keller <akeller_1979@ yahoo.com> wrote:

      It's the Burlington Junction Railway in Burlington, Iowa.  It's within a very long day's drive of Kansas City.  I was thinking of going up there at some point to check it out.

      The FJ&G car at the park in Gloversville is just as FJ&G as that engine.  Number 30 worked for one railroad before the FJ&G and for at least three others after leaving the property.  It was at two Cargill elevators (one in Texas, I think; the other definitely in Denver) before going to the BJRY.  Similarly, boxcar 153917 worked for either the PRR or NYC before becoming a PC car and then an FJ&G car.

      #30 coming back to Fulton County...

      http://fjgrr. org
      http://ginosrailpag e.com
      http://ginostrolley page.com
      http://ginosmusicse rvice.com

      Windows Liveā„¢ SkyDrive: Get 25 GB of free online storage. Check it out.