FTA - From the Archives - Gloversville Edition, Part II

    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 29, 2009
      This is FTA, Part II, from Gloversville.  We've got a real emotional tearjerker for you this time.

      Fonda, Johnstown and Gloversville Railroad Company

      Broadalbin, N.Y.
      May 28, 1949

      Mr. F. A. Moore
      General Freight Agent
      Gloversville, N. Y.

      Dear sir:

      There is on hand here in the attic, records (inbound and outbound waybills, register books, delivery receipts, etc.) dating back to 1896.  As these are a decided fire risk, will you please advise which, if any, can be destroyed?

      Will you also advise if they have to be burned or can they be donated to the Broadalbin scrap paper drive?

      Very truly yours,

      R. Bowers, Agent

      I believe I have another letter here somewhere in the archives stating that the records could be destroyed after the agent filled out an appropriate destruction of records form.

      And with the scent of destruction in the air, this concludes part II of FTA.  Paper fires will never smell the same again.